You’ve put in the hard work, created some amazing content, and now it’s time to get it out there and seen by as many people as possible. But how do you do that? Well, you could start by repurposing your content.
Repurposing content is taking one piece of original content and turning it into several different pieces of content. This not only saves you time, but it also reaches a broader audience and helps improve your visibility online. Here are 10 ways you can repurpose your content for maximum reach.
1. Create an infographic – Use Canva or another free design tool to turn your blog post into an eye-catching infographic. This is great for posts that are heavy on data or statistics.
2. Convert your blog post into a podcast episode – If you have a microphone and some basic audio editing skills, you can easily turn your blog post into a podcast episode. Just read your post aloud and record it. Then, upload it to iTunes or another podcasting platform.
3. Create a video – Videos are extremely popular now, so why not turn your blog post into a video? You can either film yourself talking about the topic or create a Slideshare-style video using images and text from your post.
4. Write a guest blog post – Find another blog in your niche that accepts guest posts and pitch them an idea for a guest blog post based on your original blog post. Just be sure to link back to your original post in the guest post so people can find it easily.
5. Turn your blog post into an eBook – This is a great way to get people to sign up for your email list because you can offer the eBook as an incentive for subscribing. To turn your blog post into an eBook, format it nicely using images, headings, and subheadings, and add a cover page designed in Canva or a similar program.
6. Submit an article to an online magazine – If any online magazines or websites in your niche accept articles from guest writers, submit yours! This is similar to writing a guest blog post but typically has fewer restrictions in terms of word count, formatting, etc.
7. Create social media posts – Use quotes, statistics, questions, and other interesting tidbits from your blog post to create social media posts (Facebook updates, tweets, Instagram photos with captions, etc.) that will drive traffic back to your original piece of content.
8 . Host or participate in a webinar – A webinar is a live online seminar or workshop where participants can interact with each other via chat boxes and audio/video conferencing tools. You could host a webinar based on the topic of your original blog post or participate as a panelist/speaker in someone else’s webinar. Both would give you the opportunity to market your business and drive traffic back to your website and the piece of content you’re trying to promote
Repurposing content is an excellent way to get more mileage out of the hard work you’ve already put in while reaching new audiences and improving your online visibility. By taking one piece of original content and turning it into several different pieces of content, you can save time while still getting your message out there. Maybe one of those pieces will even go viral! And who knows?
Following your reading of the blog article, what suggestions will you put into action to repurpose your content so that it gets more exposure?